Presentation of Omaha Poker:
Omaha Poker is a popular variant of Texas Hold'em Poker. Omaha is becoming more and more practiced in gambling establishments, in particular because players have 4 instead of 2 cards, which allows them to have more chance of having a strong combination.
The object of the game is to form the best 5 card hand with 4 cards received by the Croupier and the 5 cards from the board. The player must use 2 cards from his private hand and 3 cards from the board.
Compete against the biggest and try to pocket the jackpot ! 💸
- Dealer Button: In each turn, a day is designated as the Dealer (who is given the Dealer Button), it is to him that the cards are dealt first and it is up to him to start.
- Carpet: bet all your chips.
- Fold: exit the turn by pushing back the cards face down.
- Raise: bid at least double the stake.
- Call: Match the highest bet of the betting round.
- Check: pass your turn while remaining in the game. This is only possible if the player in front of you has checked.
- The Pot Limit: means that the raise cannot be greater than the Pot.
- The Pot: set of players' bets in a single hand or in a game.
- The Blind: "blind bet", the one to be played before any distribution of cards.
- La Cave: minimum amount to participate in the tournament.
- The River: the 5th card of the Board.
- The Turn: the 4th card of the Board.
- The Flop: the first 3 cards of the Board.
- The Board: cards placed by the Croupier on the mat.
The course of the game
ÉTAPE 1: Blind & Donne
- The big blind: it is placed by the player to the left of the one who placed the small blind. The big Blind is twice the small one.
- The small Blind: it is placed by the player to the left of the Dealer.
The Croupier deals 4 cards face down to each player. Of these 4 cards, only 2 will be used by the player to form the best possible combination. The selection made can change until the last moment.
Finally, players use the Cellar to bid.
STEP 2: The betting rounds
1st betting round:
At the start of the game, a player can decide to "'fold" and abandon the game. Players who wish to stay in the game must either call the highest Blind or raise.
The first round of betting ends when none of the players in the line raise.
2ème, 3ème et 4ème betting rounds:
For the 2nd round, the croupier places the Flop (3 first cards of the Board). The player can give up and lose his bets. The others must match the highest bet or raise. As with the 1st round, the auction ends when none of the players raise.
The process is repeated for the 3rd round where the croupier shows the Turn (4th card of the Board) as well as for the 4th round where he reveals the River (5th card of the Board).
STEP 4: Slaughtering the cards:
This is the time when players reveal their games to find the one with the best hand. The players' hands must be made up of 2 cards from their private hand as well as 3 cards from the Board.
The strongest combination wins the pot !